Halloween is just days away and consumers are expected to spend about $8 billion on the occasion. WalletHub has announced the results of its nationally representative Halloween Spending & Financial Fears Survey, along with its picks for 2020’s Worst Credit Cards, to highlight scary offers that people should avoid this holiday season. Below are a handful of the survey’s highlights:
- Nearly 40% of Americans are more afraid of credit card debt than the coronavirus.
- 22M more people have nightmares about money problems this year than they did last year.
- Almost 90% of Americans think that politicians prey on peoples' financial fears.
- Roughly 13M more people are scared about their kids' financial futures this year than they did last year.
- Almost a third of Americans think their finances are a horror show.
- 130M Americans think the coronavirus is the scariest thing about Halloween this year.